Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mommy, I like branches!

So, Owen, who is 3 years & 3 months old, is getting into everything these days: candy on top of the fridge, or in the cupboard, playdough in the pantry that he was throwing on the livingroom floor today, cups of water, which he dumped on the kitchen floor yesterday and was splashing in with bare feet, CDs and DVDs which we've found hiding behind our TV, paint which was found decorating our bathroom sink, cereal which has been found covering the kitchen table & floor, oh! and juice, which he poured on his sister's head yesterday. Wow! And that's only a partial list!

But there are those times where you just say to yourself, "He's definitely a keeper!" The other day we were sitting at the kitchen table eating dinner and Owen decided against his chicken, but was okay with eating the spinach leaves with that yummy poppyseed dressing on top. He was eating them happily, when he spouts, "Mmm, mommy, I yike banches!" "Did you say branches? Oh, you mean, leaves...spinach leaves", I piped in. Too cute. And tonight, when watching the Olympic closing ceremony, he says to me, "Mom, so many people in that house!" He meant all the Olympians walking into the stadium. He comes up with the most clever way to state things sometimes. He's also my most lovey child...always saying, "I wuv you, Mommy," and giving me big hugs & kisses...so sweet.

So despite his craziness at this age, his sweetness & funny sayings make up for it all. I'm enjoying having him all to myself during the week these days!

1 comment:

gramma6 said...

What a busy, cute, fun and funny grandson I have!:))).